A smart set up for student renters: explore this Birmingham Gardens granny flat investment property
A small suburb located literally steps away from the University of Newcastle, Birmingham Gardens lies northwest of the CBD with easy access to the region’s major roads. And it’s steady flow of students makes it a landlord’s dream.
Thanks to a median weekly rent of $360 and pretty much guaranteed demand from Uni tenants, it wasn’t long before this local couple (along with many of our previous clients!) decided it was time to build a granny flat on their property.
Won over by the fast-tracked approval process, affordable construction fees and potential to earn an ROI up to 20%, building small but smart was a no-brainer for this local couple. Now they just needed to bring in some experts to execute their plans!
Building for success with a savvy investment property
These customers chose the charming Alba floor plan from our designer range for their new build, which was ready for renters in just 12 weeks!
From the street, this bright and beautiful home catches your eye with its Windspray cladding and contemporary facade. Sheltered from the strong Aussie sun by a sleek gable roof, its front patio invites guests inside.
Open the front door and you’ll be welcomed by a generously-sized lounge and dining area. Designed for open-plan living, its adjoining kitchen space allows you to rustle up a meal without missing out on the fun! What’s more, its L-shaped counter is finished with glossy white splash back tiles and a range of Artusi appliances for a fresh yet functional touch.
Next, check out the chrome-adorned bathroom and laundry, which is conveniently positioned beside the two bedrooms. Each with their own built-in fully-mirrored wardrobes and berber grid ash grey carpet, these spacious rooms are plush and private. And the cherry on top? We’ve even installed split system air conditioning for year-round comfort.
This Birmingham Gardens granny flat includes:
- James Hardie Hardieplank™ 230mm cladding in Windspray
- COLORBOND® roofing in Surfmist
- Timber fascia in Surfmist
- Aluminium windows in Surfmist with fibreglass fly screens
- Hume Range Newington XN5 frosted front door in Surfmist
- Sandleford Hilltop Post Mounting letterbox in Black
- 4000L Enviro Slim Line Water Tank
- LED downlights
- Hunter Valley Vertical Blind System
- Fully framed mirrored sliding door robes in Aluminium
- Belga Charcoal bathroom floor tiles
- Kitchen splash back tiles in Gloss White
- Silica Gloss Essastone kitchen benchtop
- CAO6X Artusi 60cm built-in electric oven
- ASO600RX Artusi slideout rangehood
- CACC1 Artusi electric cooktop
- Roma LT-35C laundry tub
- Midea 170L electric heat pump
- Split system air conditioning
Get your granny flat investment off the ground today
Ready to follow suit and enjoy a second stream of income like Dr. Guarav and Dr. Ritu? Have a go at our ROI calculator to discover how much you could earn from a granny flat investment property!