Need some design inspiration? Take a peek inside this modern Barnsley granny flat!
Sitting at the top of Lake Macquarie, Barnsley enjoys a peaceful rural atmosphere only a half hour drive from Newcastle’s CBD. With everything from shopping centres to sandy shores mere minutes away, locals Heath and Lisa Clarke knew this neighbourhood was the perfect spot for their first granny flat investment property!
And what better site than their own backyard?
Won over by the relatively low construction costs, fast-tracked approval process and a potential ROI of 10-20%, the Clarkes were keen to get in on the granny flat rental game sooner rather than later. Yet another Barnsley granny flat build for our team, this modern design on Northville Drive was completed in just 13 weeks.
Let’s take a look at how it turned out!
Creating a contemporary granny flat for the Clarkes
Heath and Lisa selected the sophisticated Elanora design for their new build, choosing a neutral colour scheme for a crisp yet calming exterior. Decorated with our traditional facade style, its hip roof shelters an extended veranda ideal for relaxing outside on balmy summer arvos. This granny flat also faces the rear access lane, allowing tenants to come and go as they please with ultimate privacy and convenience.
Then it’s through the sliding aluminium glass doors and into a large open-plan dining and living space fitted with dark vinyl flooring and light grey walls for a contemporary contrast. And the Clarkes didn’t hold back when it came to creating a sleek, stylish kitchen. This space showcases a Turino Essastone benchtop, brushed nickle door handles and grey gloss splash back tiles. Not to mention the Artusi appliances, stainless steel sink and convenient broom cupboard.
Inside the combined bathroom and laundry, you’ll find floor to ceiling wall tiles and chrome finishes for a clean, glossy look. Placed on opposite sides of this modern utility space, the two bedrooms are complete with built-in fully-mirrored wardrobes and fan lights. On that note, tenants can also use the split system air conditioning to stay comfortable in any season.
This Barnsley granny flat includes:
- James Hardie Hardieplank™ 230mm cladding in Dune
- COLORBOND® roofing in Jasper
- Timber fascia and eaves in Surfmist
- Aluminium windows in Surfmist with fibreglass fly screens
- Hume Range sliding aluminium glass front door
- 2000L Enviro Slim Line Water Tank
- Daytek external fold down clothesline in Iron Grey
- Sandleford Hilltop Post Mounting letterbox in Black
- LED downlights
- Hunter Valley Roller Blinds in Parchment
- Berber grid carpet in Charcoal in both bedrooms
- Vinyl plank flooring in Winter Fog throughout living and kitchen area
- Bathroom tiles in Gloss White up to 1200mm on all walls
- Kitchen splash back tiles in United Grey Gloss
- Quantum Quartz benchtop in Turino
- Brushed knickel kitchen door handles
- ASO600RX Artusi slideout rangehood
- CAO6X Artusi 60cm built-in electric oven
- CACC1 Artusi electric cooktop
- Midea 170L electric heat pump
- Florence vanity complete with a bevelled edge mirror
- Roma LT-35C laundry tub
- Split system air conditioning
If Heath and Lisa’s gorgeous Barnsley granny flat has fuelled your interest in creating an investment property of your own, use our quick ROI calculator to see the sort of returns you can expect from your backyard build!